Our commitment to Protecting your Privacy
We value you as our customer, and want to ensure you that our entire company is committed to respecting your privacy. We collect information about you in our stores and through our website in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services, contests and promotions. We recognize your need for the protection and fair handling of any Personal Information that you provide to us. This policy demonstrates our commitment to your privacy.
The Fair Information Principles
- Collecting your personal information - Urban Barn only collects information necessary to conduct its business, including marketing and promoting its products, as well as understanding your interests and preferences to serve you better.
- Accountability - Urban Barn is responsible for maintaining and protecting your personal information under its control. Accountability for this function is with the Director, Sales and Store Operations and the Marketing Manager.
- Identifying Purpose - Urban Barn will let you know the purpose for which personal information is collected at or before the time the information is collected.
- Accuracy of Personal Information - Personal information is kept as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. You are encouraged to provide updates to your personal information as changes occur.
- Safeguarding Personal Information - Your personal information, whatever its form, will be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. The safeguards will protect your personal information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. The measures of protection include:
- Physical measures, for example, locking filing cabinets and restricted access to offices;
- Organizational measures, for example, security passes and limiting access to the personal information on a “need-to-know” basis;
- Technological measures, for example, the use of passwords and encryption; and
- Procedural measures, for example, the shredding of sensitive personal information.
- Access to Personal Information - You may request a copy of your personal information held at Urban Barn by submitting a written request to the Marketing Manager at our head office (please refer to our website for the address). Acceptable proof of identification is required before such information is given out. The Marketing Manager will respond to your request within 30 days. If you feel the information we have about you is inaccurate, you may request that it be reviewed and, if inaccurate, changed, by contacting the Marketing Manager.
- Challenging Compliance - An individual can challenge compliance with the above policy by providing written details of the challenge to the Marketing Manager.
Answering Your Privacy Questions
Urban Barn encourages you to review this policy periodically. If you have any questions about how we treat your Personal Information, please contact the Marketing Manager: